Thursday, July 12, 2012

Take Your Dog to Work Day

That's just what I did yesterday as I traveled to my school to paint some shelves and organize some math manipulatives.  Anyone who has met Mona, can without a doubt tell you that she is a "mama's girl" so there was no question that she would be tickled to accompany me to work.  I can't say she was much help but she certainly brought energy and a certain charisma to my classroom as my pal, Olivia and I worked to prepare my room for the upcoming school year.  As we transformed two hunter green shelves to a fun Barney purple, organized a disastrous mess of construction paper and grouped math manipulatives into containers according to content areas, Mona watched, rested and barked...a lot.  She seemed to enjoy herself just fine. 

On the ride home.  Don't let the drowsy, drained look on her face fool you.  She didn't lift a paw!
While Olivia and I did get lots of good work done yesterday, the highlight of my trip to school came when I got to open and view all my new teaching goodies.  Few things excite a teacher more than fresh school supplies...and I got lots of them!  I was super-duper excited!

Just one of my stacks of goodies!
Expo markers, construction paper, paint pens, oh my!
Let's get crafty!
Mr. Sketch markers...scentsational!
Wouldn't you be pumped, too?  And there's even more I forgot to snap pictures of.  Gobs more construction paper.  You might say, "Wow!  That's a lot of construction paper!"  I would then have to reply with "You have obviously never taught first grade."  I have to say that I am very fortunate to work at a school that always manages to provide its teachers with everything they need to run an effective, engaging classroom.  Our teachers and kids at North Middletown Elementary are very blessed.  If I had a twitter account, my hashtag at the current moment would be #nmesrocks!

Hope you have a rockin' weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment