Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Back to School Blues

Yes, that's what I'm singing this week as I prepare to get back in the groove of the busy life that comes with being a teacher.  I do love my job.  I love seeing the kids' smiling faces each morning.  I love the million hugs I get a day not only from my students but from the Kindergartners and former students.  I love all the cutesy projects we do in first grade.  I love seeing the ginormous progress the firsties make as the year goes on.  I love gabbing with my co-workers before and after school.  With that said, I do not love getting up early.  I don't love doing a million things at once (i.e. simultaneously working with one child on an assignement while tying another student's shoe and answering a question of a different child).  I don't love being at school almost more than I am at home.  I don't love when my husband's schedule completely differs from mine.  I do not love getting home at 7pm and being so tired that I'm passed out on the couch by 8.  But, it all comes with the territory and there are many perks that come along with this profession - summer being one of them. 

I know I've been MIA for awhile.  I've been kinda lazy.  I'm trying to enjoy my last days of freedom and relaxation.  I've been sleeping late, not showering til late in the day, taking naps and spending time with my favorite people and pets.  I have loved not being on a schedule but since summer is winding down and my busy life will soon be picking back up, I treated myself to a new planner for the upcoming year.  Not just any planner though.  An Erin Condren Life Planner to be exact.  Personalized with a list of my favorite things that cover both front and back.  It was pricey but at least I'm now a bit more motivated to get back on track and be organized.  If you are like me and love planners, bright colored pens and making notes and doodles, I suggest you check out Erin's website.  My planner arrived this week and it was love at first sight.


In between my lazy days, I did manage to work a couple days in my classroom getting prepared for next week.  I still have several things to do til it's complete but it's definitely coming along.  I'll post pictures as soon as it's finished!  Until then, I'll be savoring every minute I can of the last days of summer break.  School starts in a week!  Yikes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment