Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Birth of a Blog & the Celebration of Marriage

I have a blog! How cool is that?! I have been anticipating this day for many months now. I finally got up the courage to take the plunge into blogging world this summer. Just imagine me doing celebratory cartwheels (if only I could actually do a cartwheel)! I have been blog stalking for about a year now and am so thrilled to have my very own space to share any family or classroom news that I have. Thanks for taking the time to read my first ever post!  While you're here, don't forget to sign up to follow my blog! I would love to have you as a faithful reader :).

My first bit of exciting Newsome News: Colby and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary yesterday! We feel so blessed to have each other and are so excited to see what the future holds for our little family (please, Lord, let it be a baby :). Our marriage isn't perfect but we are perfect for each other.

One of our many compromises as husband and wife: we had an anniversary lunch at Smashburger (Colby's favorite) followed a little later that night by cheese, salads and chocolate at the Melting Pot (my favorite).

Colby reminds me often that he had to work really hard over several years to be able to call me his wife. Once he finally reeled me in, I was hooked. I am so thankful that God chose Colby to be my husband because I couldn't imagine life without him. For his gift, I went with the traditional first year wedding anniversary gift of paper and made him this pinterest inspired craft.  (Keep in mind that I don't have a fancy camera so these are taken (as is every picture I take) with my trusty iPhone which makes for semi-poor quality pictures.  I'm asking for a fancy schmancy camera for Christmas from this amazing husband that I speak of.)





I have to give myself snaps for the effort it took to create this heartftelt gift, and I have to admit that I enjoyed doing it.  It's fun to sit and think about all the things you love about your spouse...so many more reasons than just 52.  I once pinned a quote on Pinterest that stated "Home is where your husband is." So true!  Can you feel the love?

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary! We just bypassed 22 yrs! I must have been a child when I wed. LOL!

    Thanks for your business. Enjoy the blog!

    ReplyDelete